Thematic Units


Thematic Units engage children in the learning process by offering a variety of lessons and activities surrounding a common theme that is integrated into all content areas.
Question is..

What are the best themes to work with your kids?

As teachers (and moms) we already know that our kids learn best when they are interested in what they are learning. So.. invite them to make a list of possible themes to work with during this year.


I did it, and this is the result of the top 10
  1. The Ocean
  2. Plants
  3. Healthy food
  4. Pets
  5. Royalty
  6. Home and Family
  7. Nocturnal Animals
  8. Farm 
  9. Circus
  10. Dragons

So I planned around these themes trying to include literacy, grammar, math, science, music, poems, stories, social skills, cooking, pretend play, and art activities around the main theme as much as I could.


I have gathered a lot of wonderful ideas for my thematic unit ideas on my Pinterest! Pop on over and see if you find something useful for you..

No comments

Thanks for your comment!

Back to Top